Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, November 13, 2009

Big Brother



With Ben reaching 8 lbs I don't have this constant feeling like he's going to break. I keep telling Sam that Ben will be able to do certain things when he gets bigger, so every day when Sam comes home he asks me if Ben is bigger yet.

It always seems to work out that I'm feeding Ben when Sam comes home and that has led to some jealousy issues, so last night I asked Sam if he wanted to help me give Ben a bottle. That was a big hit! Sam loves being a "good helper."

Here are some more things Sam is doing and saying ...

We are not "allowed" to go any where in front of Sam in our house, especially up and down the stairs. Sam has to be the "line leader" or he has to "beat you" or "win."

For a long time now we've been able to "trick" Sam into eating things by saying we are going to eat it or Cleo is going to eat it. He would scream, "No! Mine!" and eat it. A few nights ago this changed to "Okay. Whatever. You can eat it."

Sam: I hate poop. (or squash casserole, or anything else that he's decided he doesn't presently like)
Me: Hate is not a nice word. No more "I hate." You can say "I don't like."
Sam: No more "I hate"?
Me: No.
Sam: I don't like poop.

A little girl in Sam's class is having a birthday party next weekend.
Me: Do you know how old she will be?
Sam: Three. And next year she will be four. And then she can have a whole vitamin!
Sam gets 1/2 half of a Flintstone vitamin every morning and he always asks for a whole one, but he can't have a whole one until he turns four. He also asks the name of the character of is vitamin every morning. He's never watched he Flintstones so he doesn't know Fred from Barney, but he won't eat it until he knows who it is.

2 comments:

Melanie Lott said...

Haha, I don't like poop either. Also, when he asked me who his vitamin was while you were in the hospital, I just told him it was Derek.

cindy said...

He reminds me so much of Luke. For the longest time (years!), the girls had to let Luke be the first one in the house - he always had to win. Luckily, the girls didn't care and it wasn't one more fight to settle. LOL!