Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Snowmass - Part 3 - Sledding


The boys really wanted to go sledding when we were in Snowmass (though I wonder if they really knew what sledding was since they'd never done it before).  Apparently the only official place to go sledding is the Aspen Recreation Center which is actually at Aspen Highlands.  Chris and I considered the 20 min bus ride + transfer + 10 min bus ride, there and back, and decided that an hour of driving was probably not going to be worth it at this age, especially for Ben.  Instead we bought a cheapie plastic sled and had a blast in the courtyard of our condo and the hill by the gondola.  I've probably been sledding/tubing less than five times in my life, so I didn't know what I was doing either.  It was seriously hard to control it.  It was just sit back and enjoy the ride.



No comments: