Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

It's definitely a BOY!



We went for the 20 week sonogram yesterday. Baby #2 is looking healthy and is measuring on schedule.



He's obviously a boy. The sonographer kept laughing and saying he must be very proud of that fact.



The sonographer took lots of pictures and measured everything including the long bones of the arms and legs.



His feet were up in the top corner kinda under my ribs so it was hard to get a good shot of them.



Hi Baby!



So I'm laying there on the table and the thought hits me ...
Emily: Do you guys still do videos of the sonogram?
Sonographer: Yes. Did you bring a VHS tape?
Emily: Uh, no. I forgot!

Luckily, she had one extra laying around, so we did get a video after all.



Check out Sam and his big brother shirt. This is the conversation we had on the way home from day care ...
Emily: Are you having a brother or a sister?
Sam: A brother.
Emily: Is a brother a boy or a girl?
Sam: A girl.
Emily: No, honey. A brother is a boy.
Sam: I'm going to have 1, 2 babies then. A boy and a girl. You need to have two, ok?
Emily: Umm. Not this time, Sam. We're just going to have a boy.



I'm starting to show a little. I feel bigger than I look in this picture. When we met with the doctor after the sonogram, she started asking me questions like ...
Doctor: Are you exercising?
Emily: Yes.
Doctor: How much weight did you gain with Sam?
Emily: About 40 lbs. Why?
Doctor: Because you gained six pounds since your last visit.
Emily: But I haven't gained a single pound before that.
Doctor: (Looks at my history.) Oh yes, you're right. You were due to gain that weight.
Emily: Of course I started out about six pounds heavier than when I got pregnant with Sam.
Doctor: Yep, that's usually the case.

The good news is I don't have to start being too careful yet, but I'm hoping I don't gain 40 lbs again this time. The bad news is for the last few days I'm hungry all day long!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

LOL about Sam telling you that you need to have two babies! They are quite opinionated at this age - I wasn't expecting that! :-)