Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sugar Cookies


Sam and I made sugar cookies a few weeks back.  I made the cookies ahead of time because I've never rolled sugar cookie dough before and I wasn't sure how successful I was going to be transferring the cookies to the cookie sheet.  It was of course harder than I thought it would be, so it may be a while before I share that part with Sam.



I let him pick the colors for the royal icing.  He picked pink and blue.



Here's Sam stirring the pink icing.



Here are the cookies before we iced them.  We made planes, trains, and automobiles, plus the circle of left over dough.



I forgot how Sam likes to keep his hands clean.  He wasn't very happy when the icing got on him.



He quickly figured out that he could just throw the cookie in the bowl and Mommy would fish it out.


He tried one or two on his own.



Then it was back to throwing them in the bowl.



Here are a few of the cookies after we iced them.


And here is Sam sampling the cookies later that day.  I obviously got bored with the pink and blue and made purple too!  The cookies were really yummy, and they were a lot of fun.  I'm hoping to get around to making some Halloween ones too.

No comments: