Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Kodak TMAX


Emily at the old house

I sent five rolls of 35mm film along with the 120 film from the Holga to Dwayne's for developing. In the pack was a roll of Kodak TMAX black and white film. Emily got this for me on my birthday last year. This was before I had collected all of the old 35mm SLR cameras, but Melanie let me borrow her 35mm Canon to shoot the film. It took while to shoot the whole roll. I supposed we got busy with the whole house buying/selling thing and then we lost track of the film until we cleaned up the garage last week.

This is a traditional black and white film meaning that your local lab probably won't develop it. There are plently of places around that will do it, and a lot of black and white film lovers will develop their own film at home.

I'm not sure what I think of it yet. I think I like the Fuji Neopan film from the Holga better. The TMAX is easy to scan, so that's a plus. Two of these images came from my home scanner. So much of film based black and white photography is based on development and that's out of your hands once you send the film off to a lab.

Emily (foreground) and Andrea watching a movie.

S-t-r-e-t-c-h

No comments: