Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Emily's Birthday

It's been a while since our last post. Sam is going through his 6 weeks growth spurt, so he's been a real handful nursing every hour or two.

We went to the Methods of Mothering class on Friday. Dana from Discovery Toys was there doing a demo. Their toys are educational, appropriate, and fun at each stage of development. After class I went to Cozymel's for lunch with some of the mothers where we discovered that we are all the same age -- speaking of which ...

Friday was my 31st birthday. Chris cooked dinner for me: filet mignon, garlic potatoes, Greek tomato salad, and Parmesan bread. We had a bottle of wine (Rutherford Cab) from Pine Ridge in Napa Valley from the year that we went there on vacation (2003). Chris had been saving it for me while I was pregnant. We had a chocolate mousse cake with raspberries and port for dessert. Everything was super yummy and better than what you would get at a restaurant! He also got me two watches: a digital Nike to keep track of Sam's nursing and a chunky pink Skagen which I've been wanting for a while.

We went to the mall for a while on Saturday, and Chris played with Sam so I could spend some time in the pool on Sunday. Chris has been in a management meeting in downtown Dallas for the last two days.

Here are some pictures of Sam playing with Mommy and Daddy from this weekend ...

-- Emily







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look like real smiles...not just gas! Mom

Anonymous said...

Can you tell him to stop growing so fast...He's going to be a teenager before I get there to see him...:>)