Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Allen Library


I was off Tuesdays and Thursdays in July, so the boys and I got to spend a lot of time together.  One of our favorite places was the Allen Library.  They had a great summer reading program.  The boys got to pick out a book to keep after they finished the list.  Sam picked out a book on slime and Ben's was excited to find a Teen Titans book.

I was a little worried about the library being a success with Ben.  On our first trip he informed me that he was only interested in super-hero books.  I could only find two so I was trying to talk him into trying something else.

Me: How about this book?
Ben: I don't like that book.  It's a kid book.
Me: You're a kid, you know?
Ben: Well, I'm almost a human.
Me: You've always been a human.
Ben: I still don't want that book.

Sam's favorite books were the joke books.  No surprise there.


The cafe at the library was a big hit too. Cookies, brownies, lemon bars, juice, coffee ... can we go here every day???


Since it was Summer, they had a lot of crafts and other stuff for the kids.  This day was all about fish.  Their favorite part was throwing the fishing line in the pretend water and having it come back with gummy fish attached.  (That was always one of my favorites too ... every year at the fall festival at the First Baptist Church in Indianola.)

No comments: