Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 10, 2010

State Fair 2010


We took a day off work last week and took Sam to the fair. He was so excited and had been talking about it for weeks. We all wanted to ride the ferris wheel as soon as we got there.




Sam wanted to see the butterfly house too.


15 minutes was all he could take though.



Corny dogs for lunch then off to the bird show ...


This bird reminds us of our trip to Hawaii.


Next stop, my personal favorite, a preview to the new children's aquarium. The front tide pool has horseshoe crabs, calico crabs, hermit crabs, and snails.


Of course I had to stop and check out the cichlid tank. They were still cycling most of the tanks, so they didn't have most of the fish yet. They are set to officially open in December.


They have a wonderful new edition out back with sting rays and sharks. The rays are looking for food so they'll let you pet them all day. They are really soft and slippery.


Sam kept going back and getting more food to feed them.


I was trying to get a picture of Sam in front of the big tank, but I couldn't get him to sit still. We ended up cracking each other up.



And I got a picture too!


Funnel cake! Chris and I tried the fried beer, bleh.


At the end of the day we rode a bunch of rides until we couldn't spin in circles any more. Sam was an inch or two too short for some of the bigger rides, but I'm thinking that's not such a bad thing.



When it was time to go he followed us out whining, "but I wanted to do everything!"

No comments: