Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 03, 2010

Dorkfish


I got more fish this weekend ... mostly Tanganyikan cichlids this time.











There's not much difference in these two Juli's. I'm not sure I actually got two different kinds. We'll see when they get bigger as there should be as much as two inches difference on their adult size. They chase each other constantly since they look so much alike, so I may have to get another just to spread out the aggression.



This is a highly aggressive fish. He picked a fight as soon as he was added to the tank and did not win. His lip and fins are a little damaged, but with so many new fish in the tank they haven't been able to focus on him.



This is a Malawi Mbuna, not a Tanganyikan. It was labeled Electric Blue Johanni at the fish store, but you can tell they aren't Johanni since the females in the tank were blue and not orange. I once again attempted to get two females and one male. What I believe to be the two females swim back and forth and up and down the tank like crazy. I think they are chasing each other, but I'm not sure.


I also got some "suckerfish". This is a Green Phantom Pleco (L-200).



This is a Bristlenose Pleco hiding behind the driftwood.


These Loricariidae catfish are nocturnal, so they are hiding or pretty much just stay in one place during the day. When we woke up this morning, they'd already cleaned most of the tank. I'm supposed to supplement their algae diet with zucchini. That should be interesting.



Still trying to stay the king, he's mostly hanging back and observing, letting everyone else fight it out.



I've been surprised at how aggressive the albinos have gotten. There's so many fish to chase now, so we'll see if they can settle down a little.

No comments: