Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sam's 4th Birthday - Pump It Up


Sam turned 4 years old and we invited all of his friends to Pump It Up to celebrate. Sam had been talking about his birthday for months. It was the first birthday where he knew it was coming and what it meant. He couldn't wait to share it with his friends.


Pump It Up is full of inflatables: bounce houses, slides, obstacle courses, etc.




After we spent about 40 minutes in the first arena, they lined all the kids up to move to the next room. Sam got to be the line leader and was thrilled of course.




They had party coordinators to monitor and help the kids, but they also joined in the fun.



The big slide was a huge hit. Chris camped out at the bottom and took lots of great shots.











Mimi came and got to wear the Bjorn for the first time.


Cousin Vanessa came too.



Some of the kids got a little tired of jumping and ended up playing around in these little cars.


A special trick to end the jumping ...


A group picture with all of the kids ...


... well most of the kids ... the ones that would sit still any way.


Drinking juice and waiting for the cake.


Sam loves the Happy Birthday song.


I put the candles a little too far away, so I had to move him closer to blow them out.


Close up of the cake.


Mimi and Vanessa really helped out with Ben. It was all a bit much for him and long past his nap time.


Present time!!!


After the presents were all opened and the party favors were handed out, everyone left. Sam was extremely exhausted and looked around and said "Where'd my birthday go?" He really didn't want it to end.


Cookie party favors ...


I wanted to do Spiderman themed cookies for party favors. I really wanted to just buy them, but I ran into lots of issues. Spiderman is trademarked so no one could do cookies with his face on them. Cookies By Design wanted $6.50 per decorated cookie. Market Street only wanted $2.50 per cookie, but they would only use buttercream, not royal icing. I finally gave in and made them myself. I was glad I did. I had lots of fun and now I have all the stuff to do them any time.




Back at home ... the family with our Spiderman shirts on.


Up on Daddy's shoulders ...


How much longer will Mimi be able to hold him?


Just hanging out with Ben ...


No comments: