Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Potty Humor



First, quit reading now if you aren't interested in little boys going pee and poop. Second, I apologize to Sam in advance when he gets old enough to realize that I posted stories like this.

We've had a little bit of regression with Sam and potty training since Ben was born. Not a lot thankfully, but enough that we've noticed. For example, he used to wipe his own butt, but now he insists that we do it. He still wipes at school, so he is obviously capable. He just wants to make sure Mommy and Daddy have two butts to wipe apparently.

I think another part of the problem is that he is a little too tall to stand on the stool to pee and a little too short to stand on the floor. The resulting problem is that he's started peeing every where but the toilet. It's like we have to remind him to pay attention and hit the water. Our guest bathroom downstairs smells like pee even though I've scrubbed it down several times. The other day I reminded him, "Lift the lid." And he followed up with, "And hit the water." Like I don't have to remind him or something.

The other day he was pooping, then he starting kinda whining and crying. I went in there to see what was wrong and he had peed every where. I reminded him that he is supposed to "point it down" when he's sitting down, but he informed me that "his pee-pee didn't know he was still pooping." Then he grabbed himself and told his pee-pee not to do that again.

Another day he was running to the bathroom last minute (because god forbid we actually take regular potty breaks and stop playing). He wanted me to stay with him. I was in the middle of doing something else so I was trying to figure out how long this would take. I asked him if he was going to pee or poop and he said "I have no idea what you are talking about." (Smart ass!) When he was finished peeing, he was very proud of himself and said "see Mommy, I didn't pee there, or there, or there, or there" (as he proceeded to point to all of the places around the bathroom he sometimes accidentally pees).

This too shall pass!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

LOL...sorry. I love that he reprimanded his peepee...LOL. :-)