Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, February 22, 2010

Trick Tracks


Hot Wheels Trick Tracks are the coolest toy I've seen in a long time. You "collect" (buy) stunts and connect them together. Each stunt sets off the next stunt. There are lots of different themed sets: robot, dino, rocket, sport, daredevil, etc. They even connect with other Hot Wheels tracks that aren't specifically Trick Tracks. Mattel doesn't seem to be doing a great job of advertising or distributing these toys though. I'd never heard of them until we saw them at a friends house. I've searched online, but I've had trouble finding a single source that sells them all. (Of course this may be because they've been out for over a year and I live under a rock.) Each set seems to have a big stunt that sells for around $20 and then two or three other smaller stunts that sell for about $10 each.


Here's a video of the Trick Tracks that Sam and I set up the first day. It includes the booster and loop from a track he got for Christmas. Sam has a lot of fun playing with this, but he sometimes has to ask us to help him connect the tracks. He can definitely load up the cars on his own and set them off though.

There's also a lot of videos of these on YouTube. Here's a few I liked ...






Random picture of Sam and me with blue tongues after eating Valentine suckers.

No comments: