Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Lulu Visits for Christmas


Lulu came to visit for Christmas and stayed for ten days! I tried to convince her to just move in, but I think she'd had her fill by the end (two little boys can do that to you!). I seriously cannot imagine what I would have done without her. The boys' preschool/day care was closed for two weeks and I was just starting my new postpartum anxiety medication.


Sam loved, loved, loved playing with Lulu. The first couple of days were full of make believe games like running from monsters and saving their pets (stuffed animals) or their babies (toy cars) from the monsters. They also played computer games, board games, trains, and cars. After Christmas we got a little more of a break because he had all new toys to play with. Sam was soooo sad when Lulu left (so was I).


I swear it always seems like Ben wakes up from his nap as soon as I get ready to drink a fresh cup of coffee. It was nice to have the adults outnumbering the kids, so everyone could get a break. Ben still doesn't do well with getting out. He's on a really good nap schedule and sleeps in his crib. He gets pretty cranky when we leave him in the car seat when we run an errand, so it was also great to have Lulu babysit while we ran errands with Sam.


Making apple pie for Christmas Eve.


Clowning with Sam.


Taking a rest with Ben. Most nights we got decent sleep with Ben sleeping until 5:30 or 7am, but one night Ben woke up at 3am and Chris and I just couldn't get back to sleep. Little did we know that Sam had gotten up around the same time to tell Lulu he was hungry and had to pee. Lulu ended up in bed with him and didn't get much sleep herself.



Streaming Wall-E from Netflix to the laptop. Sam got a big kick out of that and wanted to watch it twice.



Lulu and Ben in front of the Christmas tree.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love the first picture of Lulu with the two boys and the last one of her and Ben! So cute. :-)