Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First Day at New School


Sam started a new preschool last week. They opened a new day care and school at the entrance to our neighborhood. It cuts 20 minutes off of our drive time every day, so it is very convenient. It is a Montessori school, so it's more like a preschool than a day care at Sam's age group.

We went to the open house the week before last and Sam was immediately interested. They have separate rooms for music, art, science, library, and computer lab. Sam's favorite was the computer lab of course. He started asking the next day when he could go to his new school.

When I dropped him off the first day, he went straight for the library. We told him it was time for class, but he said, "I need to read a story right now!" It was the same drill when I picked him up at the end of the day. He took me straight to the library and picked out three books for me to read. The teachers told me he didn't have any problems adjusting and that he didn't have a shy bone in his body. Since the school just opened, the teacher to student ratio is very low and Sam is getting lots of attention which he loves of course.

I haven't been able to get much info out of Sam as far as what he is doing or what things he likes. He's being really silly lately and answers questions with nonsense phrases like "tooter, scooter, booter." They have parent observation and teacher's conferences next week so hopefully we'll learn more then. They are having a parents' night at the school tomorrow night so that we can learn more about the types of things they do in the classroom.

Some other interesting things about the school include uniforms and school lunches. It will be a few weeks before the uniforms are in so Sam is just wearing his normal clothes for now. I wonder what it's going to be like when he picks out his clothes in the morning and realizes he can wear this blue shirt or that blue shirt or that blue shirt, etc. Making Sam's lunch has been fun so far. The added benefit is that I'm making lunch for Chris and me too at the same time. Ask me how much I love it a few weeks from now when the baby is here and I have sooo much free time!



Sam says ...

Sam: Mimi, I love you so hard!


Sam also says ...

Chris: Sam, what happened to your socks?
Sam: I left them at school.
Chris: Why?
Sam: Because I am three.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ya'll,

It's been awhile since I got to catch up on the Conner news. Sam is growing so much. I laugh at his stories....they sound all too familiar. He's my hero with the nightime underwear. Landry potty trained at an early age, in a snap, but I won't tell you how old he was before he went all night without wetting.
I can't wait to see a picture of Sam's little brother!! I'm praying you have a good delivery and all goes well. I will definitely make a road trip to Indy if you take the newest Conner member to meet the family.
Take care, you're almost there!!
sheila