Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Chris Turns 36

I turned 36 on Saturday. As busy as we've been, the last thing I wanted was a big event.
We bought chocolate cake from Mozart Bakery in Plano. Ian and Roya turned us on to this bakery a few weeks ago when they brought a cake over. It was gone in a day, a good sign.
Thankfully the cashier didn't give me 36 candles to put on the cake. No need for a bonfire.
Of course, no 3 year old boy can resist taking part of two of the most wonderful things: playing with fire and cake.
Sam went for the trifecta and tried to use a toy whistle to help blow out the candles. I had to hold him back a bit.
Sam approved of the cake.
Costas got me a Sypderco Tenacious knife. I've been wanting a different knife recently after carrying a Swiss Army knife for the past 20 years. The knife is smaller than what it looks but it is very sharp. Excellent for opening boxes!
Melanie got me an Aerolatte. It's a little battery powered whisk used to froth milk. I was surprised at how well it whipped up a batch of milk.

Mary Lou got me a bottle of Caron 3rd Man cologne. One night I ended up stumbling on something about fragrances/perfumes while playing around with the laptop. Three books and many samples later and this is one of the men's fragrances I really liked.
Costas got me an Aeropress coffee maker. This thing is like a small french press with a filter. It make an excellent cup of coffee. I wanted it for the office because the coffee stinks there and I don't want to make a full pot of coffee. The milk in front of me was whipped up with the Aerolatte.

Sam has thrown some huge fits lately. Thankfully he's slowly growing out of these and he's started to respond to some friendly ribbing about them. Melanie set him straight before we cut the cake.

No comments: