Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Nothing's ever easy...



Nothing is ever easy. Emily and I bought some new computer gear today. First piece was to replace the Netgear wireless router we had. It was dropping the wireless side frequently. For some time it was just a matter of resetting it, but even that stopped working this week. So, at Fry's today we bought the Linksys router you see above and a Maxtor firewire drive to provide extra disk space for the mac. After tearing out the old router, I got the new one in without a problem. Next, I went on to take care of the new drive and found that I bought a USB based drive instead of firewire. So... now I get to get back to Fry's (I hate doing returns there) and get the replacement. The good news is that tomorrow is Monday and they have a lot lower return volume on weekdays.

Chris

No comments: