Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 16, 2009

3 More Days



Only three more days to go! My doctor is not expecting me to go earlier than Monday at this point, but anything is possible. Of course she is out of town this weekend so we are really hoping to make it to Monday. I've even had a day off to pamper myself with a haircut and color, manicure, pedicure, and massage. I've done lots of loads of laundry this week including washing all the sheets and towels. This nesting thing is weird. I swear I'm going to start cleaning out closets pretty soon.

We had a little scare on Tuesday. After the pumpkin patch on Sunday, I started having contractions and pain. By Tuesday it didn't seem like Ben was moving as much as he had been. I went to the doctor to get checked out. They hooked me up for a Non-Stress Test and determined that I was having contractions and that Ben was fine, but just to be sure they also did a sonogram to verify that nothing was restricting his movement. After the sonogram, they decided I wasn't feeling Ben move as much for three reasons:

1) He's gotten so big there's just not much room for him to move
2) When he tries to make a big movement, I have a contraction which absorbs and constricts his movement.
3) His feet are directly under the placenta.

He's in a good delivery position. The sonographer also measured him and said she thought he was about 7 lbs 4 oz on Tuesday. She predicts he'll be 7 lbs 10 oz on Monday.

I saw my doctor for my last appointment today and she said there is no change since Tuesday, just 1 cm dialated with a long cervix. She guessed at Ben's size and estimates that he is already 7 lbs 12 oz today. That would put him right at 8 lbs on Monday. We'll have to see who was closer.


They printed a few pictures from the sonogram for me. Ben is so big now that you can't get much of him in the picture at one time. This is his profile with his chin on his chest.


This picture is looking directly at his face. Just to the bottom right of the label above are his lips and nose.



Of course what sonogram would be complete without a picture of his boy parts.

Stuff Sam said ...

Sam: You're my mommy and nobody else's mommy!
Me: Yes, but I'm going to be Ben's mommy too in a few days.
Sam: Uh-uh! You better not be! You better be just my mommy!
Me: Oh boy

More stuff Sam said ...

Me: I love your elbow
Sam: No ... you gotta love me ... the whole thing.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

LOL about the mommy thing! "Oh, boy", is right....