Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My Little Monkey-Monk



I thought it would be fun to try a craft project with Sam, so Sam and I went to buy paint and paper, a pack of T-shirts, and a newspaper.



We spread out some newspaper on the kitchen floor and tried to make some handprints. I've tried to get some handprints before, but it's never really worked out. I put some paint on his hand and tried to get a handprint or two, but Sam was more interested in squishing and smearing the paint. I tried to put a piece of paper in front of him and let him just go for it, but after the initial curiosity, he just wanted us to wash his hand.



Wow, that's some blue paint. Maybe he could start the blue baby group.



We went over to Brad and Jennifer's for dinner last weekend. Sam and Jackson played in the sprinkler. After dinner Brad took them for a ride in the office chair. Sam had a blast! We also got to meet Sofia. She is so cute and sweet. I forgot how tiny newborns are, especially their toes.



We went to Ikea this weekend. They had a little area setup in this display for kids. Sam had so much fun playing with the desk drawer, pots and pans, stuffed animals, shelves, etc. I think he could have staid in that one spot for an hour. Ikea was super crowded. There must have been thousands of people there. It was too crowded to let Sam walk very much on his own. He's getting pretty fast, so you can't take your eyes off him for a second. There are soooo many cool things in Ikea. We were able to find a few quiet spots that he could explore, but then we got what we came for and got out of there.



Sam liked the pots and pans so much we had to get some. I thought that would be a better thing for him to play with in the kitchen instead of pulling stuff out of the cabinets that I'd have to wash. He'd still rather be held so he can see what we're doing way up there on that counter.



Daddy showing Sam how to click the pen.



We just had to take a picture of Sam in his new shoes that Grandma Mary Lou got for him. I can't believe that I still have so much fun dressing Sam every morning.

No comments: